4/26/11

Chinchillas! Who Knew?

Last Friday we went to an Earth Day Celebration where they had a live animal demonstration by The Creature Teachers.  The kids had a blast interacting with the animals, and I decided that for today's RPM session I would create a lesson plan about the animals we saw.  For visuals I used pictures I had taken of the animals at the party. When we got to the chinchilla his face just lit up and he touched the picture.  Suddenly he was less fidgety and very attentive, choosing each answer correctly and very deliberately, and with a huge smile.  After I asked him the questions in the lesson, I asked him if the chinchilla was his favorite, which got another big smile!  His facial expression was priceless, and I wish I had it on film...the moment he realized he could share something as simple as "My favorite animal was the ______"  with another. 
Later, as he was setlling down for bed, I showed him another photo of the chinchilla on my cell phone.  He took the phone from me and looked at it for a minute, kissed it and handed it back!  *mwaah*  That kiss is for you, Aidan!
I shall try to think of these things when you are throwing furniture.....Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment