11/20/10

Astounding Ava!

Today my youngest, Ava, completely blew our minds by writing her name! She has a dx of autism and is nonverbal, however we have noticed that she's showing an interest in books and seems to have some letter recognition.  Although we were happy about her curiosity and looking forward to teaching her, this was such a surprise!  Recently I had been thinking about teaching her through RPM (Rapid Prompting Method), which I've mentioned in previous posts for teaching Aidan.  I wasn't sure if I would just start with Aidan and get her started at a later date, but I'm going to take that as a sign to begin ASAP!  I'm currently learning the method and will be figuring out where to begin over the next few weeks.  It will take a bit more work to work with both kids, but will be well worth the effort....I plan on documenting our progress in this blog, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment